Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. The health council shall establish criteria to be used in selecting health care professionals for participation in a student loan repayment program. The criteria must include:
a. The health care professional's specialty;
b. The need for the health care professional's specialty within an area;
c. The health care professional's education and experience;
d. The health care professional's date of availability and anticipated term of availability; and
e. The health care professional's willingness to accept Medicare and Medicaid assignments, if applicable.
2. In selecting health care professionals for participation in the program the health council shall require that the individual:
a. Is physically present at and provides services on a full-time basis to an entity that meets the requirements of section 43-12.3-04; or
b. (1) Is physically present at and provides services on at least a half-time basis to an entity that meets the requirements of section 43-12.3-04;
(2) Provides telehealth services to a second entity that meets the requirements of section 43-12.3-04; and
(3) Verifies that the services provided under paragraphs 1 and 2 are equal to the full-time requirement of subdivision a.
3. In selecting health care professionals for participation in a program, the health council may consider an individual's:
a. Length of residency in this state; and
b. Attendance at an in-state or an out-of-state institution of higher education.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - North Dakota Century Code Title 43. Occupations and Professions § 43-12.3-05. Health care professionals--Selection criteria - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nd/title-43-occupations-and-professions/nd-cent-code-sect-43-12-3-05/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.