Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. “Commissioner” shall mean the director of the department of transportation of this state or authorized agents as provided in section 24-02-01.3.
2. “Erect” means to construct, build, raise, assemble, place, affix, attach, create, paint, draw, or in any other way bring into being or establish.
3. “Maintain” means to exist.
4. “Outdoor advertising” means a sign, display, or device of any kind or character including statuary, erected or maintained for outdoor advertising purposes, upon which any poster, bill, printing, painting, or other advertisement of any kind whatsoever may be placed for advertising purposes and shall include but not be limited to any card, cloth, paper, metal, painted, or wooden sign of any character placed for outdoor advertising purposes, on or affixed to the ground or any tree, wall, bush, rock, fence, building, structure, or thing, either privately or publicly owned. The terms “sign, display, or device” comprehend all forms of outdoor advertising and the use of one such term in this chapter includes all forms of outdoor advertising.
5. “Political sign” means a temporary sign erected on private property, which includes signs which solicit votes or support for, or in opposition to, any candidate or any political party under whose designation any candidate is seeking nomination or election. Political signs may also contain messages concerning any public question on the ballot in an election held under the laws of the state. Political signs do not include signs which have been issued a legal billboard permit by a city, county, or the state of North Dakota.
6. “State highway system” shall mean the state highway system as defined in subsection 45 of section 24-01-01.1.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - North Dakota Century Code Title 24. Highways, Bridges, and Ferries § 24-17-02. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nd/title-24-highways-bridges-and-ferries/nd-cent-code-sect-24-17-02/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?