1. At the hearing, the director may produce evidence and witnesses to rebut any reasons
given by the board of the area career and technology center for its discharge of the
2. The hearing must be conducted in accordance with chapter 28-32.
3. All witnesses are subject to cross-examination.
4. Unless otherwise agreed to by the board and the director, the hearing must be conducted
as an executive session of the board, except that:
a. The director may invite to the hearing any two representatives to speak on behalf
of the director and may invite the director's spouse or one other family member.
b. The board may invite to the hearing any two representatives to speak on behalf
of the board and may invite the center's business manager.
5. If a continuance is requested by the director, the board shall grant a continuance
for a period not in excess of seven days. The board may grant a continuance in excess of seven days upon a showing of good
6. No cause of action for libel or slander may be brought regarding any communication
made at an executive session held by the board for the purposes provided in this section.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.