The recorder shall keep separate grantor and grantee indexes of the deeds, contracts,
and other instruments not merely liens, and separate grantor and grantee indexes of
the mortgages and other instruments which are liens affecting or relating to the title
to real property. Such indexes shall show:
1. The names of the grantors and of the grantees.
2. The dates of the several instruments filed for record.
3. The dates upon which the several instruments are filed.
4. An abbreviated description of the real property affected by such instruments.
5. The number of the book and page where the instrument is recorded or the document
number of the instrument.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.