1. Unless the bylaws provide otherwise, member meetings shall be held at the principal
office or such other place as the board may determine.
2. An annual member meeting shall be held at the time fixed in or pursuant to the
bylaws. In the absence of a bylaw provision, such meeting shall be held within six months
after the close of the fiscal year at the call of the president or board.
3. Special member meetings may be called by the president, board, or members having
one-fifth of the votes entitled to be cast at such meeting.
4. Written notice, stating the place, day, and hour, and in case of a special member
meeting the purposes for which the meeting is called, shall be given not less than
ten nor more than thirty days before the meeting at the direction of the person calling
5. At any meeting at which members are to be represented by delegates, notice to such
members may be given by notifying such delegates and their alternates. Notice may consist of a notice to all members or may be in the form of an announcement
at the meeting at which such delegates or alternates were elected.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.