Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The Attorney General has the following powers in addition to those conferred elsewhere in this Chapter:
(1) To establish minimum education, experience, and training standards and establish and require written or oral examinations for an applicant for certification as a campus police agency, a certified campus police agency, an applicant for commission as a campus police officer, or a commissioned campus police officer.
(2) To require a campus police agency or a campus police officer to submit reports or other information.
(3) To inspect records maintained by a campus police agency.
(4) To conduct investigations regarding alleged violations of this Chapter or a rule adopted under this Chapter and to make evaluations as may be necessary to determine if a campus police agency or a campus police officer is complying with this Chapter or a rule adopted under this Chapter.
(5) To deny, suspend, or revoke a certification as a campus police agency or a commission as a campus police officer for failure to meet the requirements of or comply with this Chapter or a rule adopted under this Chapter, in accordance with Article 3 of Chapter 150B of the General Statutes.
(6) To appear in the name of the Campus Police Program and apply to the courts having jurisdiction for injunctions to prevent a violation of this Chapter or a rule adopted under this Chapter.
(7) To delegate the authority to administer this Chapter.
(8) To require that the Criminal Justice Standards Division provide administrative support staff for the Campus Police Program.
(9) To adopt rules needed to implement this Chapter, in accordance with Chapter 150B of the General Statutes.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 74G. Campus Police Act § 74G-4. Powers of Attorney General - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nc/chapter-74g-campus-police-act/nc-gen-st-sect-74g-4/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.