(a) A complaint filed pursuant to the provisions of this section and G.S. 44A-24.8 shall contain all of the following:
(1) A statement of the terms of the written agreement for broker services on which
the lien is based or a copy of the written contract or agreement.
(2) The date when the written agreement for broker services was made.
(3) A description of the services performed.
(4) The amount due and unpaid.
(5) A description of the property that is subject to the lien.
(6) Any other facts necessary for a full understanding of the rights of the parties.
(b) The plaintiff shall file the action against all parties that have an interest
of record in the commercial real estate; provided that a lender shall not be made
a party to any suit to enforce a lien under this Part unless the lender has willfully
caused the nonpayment of the commission giving rise to the lien: a foreclosure action
for a lien claimed pursuant to this Part shall be brought pursuant to the provisions
of this Article.
(c) Valid prior recorded liens or mortgages shall have priority over a lien under
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.