(a) Every transportation network company must obtain a permit from the Division before
operating in the State. Every transportation network company must pay to the Division a nonrefundable application
fee of five thousand dollars ($5,000).
(b) Every transportation network company must renew the permit annually and pay to
the Division a nonrefundable renewal fee of five thousand dollars ($5,000).
(c) The Division must prescribe the form of the application for a permit and renewal
of a permit.
(d) The initial application and renewal application must require information sufficient
to confirm compliance with this Article and include the following:
(1) Proof of insurance meeting the requirements of G.S. 20-280.4. This subdivision does not apply to brokering transportation network companies.
(2) Resident agent for service of process.
(3) Proof the transportation network company is registered with the Secretary of State
to do business in the State if the transportation network company is a foreign corporation.
(4) Policy of nondiscrimination based on customers' geographic departure point or
(5) Policy of nondiscrimination based on customers' race, color, national origin,
religious belief or affiliation, sex, disability, or age.
(e) The Division may retain the fees collected under this section and use the funds
for its operations.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.