(a) The charter of a regional solid waste management authority shall:
(1) Specify the name of the authority;
(2) Establish the powers, duties and functions that the authority may exercise and
(3) Establish the number of delegates to represent the member units of local government
and prescribe the compensation and allowances, if any, to be paid to delegates;
(4) Set out the method of determining the financial support that will be given to
the authority by each member unit of local government; and
(5) Establish a method for amending the charter, and for dissolving the authority
and liquidating its assets and liabilities.
(b) The charter of a regional solid waste management authority may, but need not,
contain rules for the conduct of authority business and any other matter pertaining
to the organization, powers, and functioning of the authority that the member units
of local government deem appropriate.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.