Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The Department shall develop an outreach program to promote waste reduction and recycling. From funds available to the Department for this program, the Department may engage in any of the following outreach activities:
(1) Provide public education regarding waste reduction and recycling.
(2) Provide technical assistance regarding waste reduction and recycling to units of local government.
(3) Conduct research on the solid waste stream in North Carolina.
(4) Develop secondary materials markets by providing technical and financial support, including providing technical and financial support to private recycling businesses, including use of processed scrap tire materials.
(5) Provide funding for the activities of the Division of Environmental Assistance and Outreach.
(b) It is the intent of the General Assembly to allow the Department to satisfy grant obligations that extend beyond the end of the fiscal year.
(c) The Department shall include in the report required by G.S. 130A-309.06(c) a description of the outreach program under this section. This report shall specify the type of outreach activity under each of subdivisions (1) through (5) under subsection (a) of this section and the amount of program funds the Department expended for each activity during the previous year.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 130A. Public Health § 130A-309.13. Solid Waste Management Outreach Program - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nc/chapter-130a-public-health/nc-gen-st-sect-130a-309-13/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?