Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) A commercial motor vehicle equipped with an engine compression brake device must be equipped with a muffler in good working condition to prevent excessive noise.
(2) An operator of a commercial motor vehicle that has an engine compression brake device with a factory-installed muffler or an equivalent after-market muffler may not be prohibited from using the engine compression brake device.
(3) The department of transportation employees who are designated as peace officers pursuant to 61-10-154 shall work with law enforcement in the enforcement of standards adopted pursuant to this section.
(4) Notice of a deficiency must be given pursuant to 61-9-501.
(5) A violation of the rules adopted to implement to this section is punishable as provided in 61-9-521.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Montana Title 61. Motor Vehicles § 61-9-321. Engine compression brake device--use - last updated April 27, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mt/title-61-motor-vehicles/mt-code-ann-sect-61-9-321/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?