Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) A licensee or officer, director, partner, or manager of a licensee may divulge to any law enforcement officer or county attorney or representative of the county attorney any information that the licensee or officer, director, partner, or manager of a licensee may acquire as to any criminal offense but may not divulge to any other person, except as required by law, any information acquired except at the direction of the employer or client for whom the information was obtained.
(2) A licensee or officer, director, partner, manager, or employee of a licensee may not knowingly make any false report to an employer or client for whom information was being obtained.
(3) A written report may not be submitted to a client except by the licensee or a person authorized by the licensee, and the person submitting the report shall exercise diligence in ascertaining whether or not the facts and information in the report are true and correct.
(4) A licensee or officer, director, partner, manager, or employee of a licensee may not use a title, wear a uniform, use an identification card, or make any statement with the intent to give an impression that the licensee or officer, director, partner, manager, or employee of a licensee is connected in any way with the federal government, a state government, a law enforcement agency, or any political subdivision of a state government unless the licensee has a contract with the agency.
(5) A licensee or officer, director, partner, manager, or employee of a licensee may not enter any private building or portion of a private building without the consent of the owner or of the person in legal possession of the private building.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Montana Title 37. Professions and Occupations § 37-60-402. Confidentiality of information--false reports--badges and uniforms--illegal entry - last updated April 27, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mt/title-37-professions-and-occupations/mt-code-ann-sect-37-60-402/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.