Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
In addition to all other powers and duties conferred and imposed upon the board by this chapter, the board shall have and exercise the following powers and duties:
(1) to promulgate, under the applicable provisions of the Montana Administrative Procedure Act, rules which it determines to be necessary to carry out the provisions of this chapter;
(2) to adopt a schedule of minimum educational requirements, not inconsistent with the provisions of this chapter;
(3) to prescribe forms for application for examination and license;
(4) to prepare and supervise examination of applicants for license to practice acupuncture;
(5) to obtain the services of professional examination agencies in lieu of its own preparation of the examinations;
(6) to issue, revoke, and suspend licenses as hereinafter provided;
(7) to hold hearings, issue subpoenas, administer oaths, and take testimony and proofs concerning all matters within its jurisdiction;
(8) to issue commissions to take depositions of witnesses who are sick or absent from the state; and
(9) to adopt a seal, which shall be affixed to all licenses issued by the board and other official papers.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Montana Title 37. Professions and Occupations § 37-13-201. Powers and duties - last updated April 27, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mt/title-37-professions-and-occupations/mt-code-ann-sect-37-13-201/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.