Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) A corporation shall keep as permanent records minutes of all meetings of its members and board of directors, a record of all actions taken by the members or directors without a meeting, and a record of all actions taken by committees of the board of directors as authorized by 35-2-433(4).
(2) A corporation shall maintain appropriate accounting records.
(3) A corporation or its agent shall maintain a record of its members in a form that permits preparation of a list of the names and addresses of all members, in alphabetical order by class, showing the number of votes each member is entitled to cast.
(4) A corporation shall maintain its records in written form or in another form capable of conversion into written form within a reasonable time.
(5) A corporation shall keep a copy of the following records at its principal office or a location from which the records may be recovered within 2 business days:
(a) its articles or restated articles of incorporation and all amendments to them currently in effect;
(b) its bylaws or restated bylaws and all amendments to them currently in effect;
(c) resolutions adopted by its board of directors relating to the characteristics, qualifications, rights, limitations, and obligations of members or any class or category of members;
(d) the minutes of all meetings of members and the records of all actions approved by the members for the past 3 years;
(e) the financial statements available to members for the past 3 years under 35-2-911;
(f) a list of the names and business or home addresses of its current directors and officers; and
(g) its most recent annual report delivered to the secretary of state under 35-2-904.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Montana Title 35. Corporations, Partnerships, and Associations § 35-2-906. Corporate records - last updated April 27, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mt/title-35-corporations-partnerships-and-associations/mt-code-ann-sect-35-2-906/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.