The following security interests are perfected when they attach:
(1) a purchase-money security interest in consumer goods, except as otherwise provided
in 30-9A-311(2) with respect to consumer goods that are subject to a statute or treaty described
(2) an assignment of accounts or payment intangibles that does not by itself or in
conjunction with other assignments to the same assignee transfer a significant part
of the assignor's outstanding accounts or payment intangibles;
(3) a sale of a payment intangible;
(4) a sale of a promissory note;
(5) a security interest created by the assignment of a health-care-insurance receivable
to the provider of the health care goods or services;
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.