Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The justice of the peace shall enter in the docket kept by the justice for small claims cases the following:
(1) the title of each action;
(2) the amount claimed;
(3) the date the order of court/notice to defendant was signed and the date of the trial as stated in the order;
(4) the date the parties appeared or the date on which default was entered;
(5) each adjournment, stating on whose application and to what time;
(6) the judgment of the court;
(7) a statement of any money paid to the justice, when, and by whom;
(8) the date of the issuance of any abstract of the judgment; and
(9) the date of the receipt of the notice of appeal, if any is given, and of the appeal bond, if any is filed.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Montana Title 3. Judiciary, Courts § 3-10-1005. Docket entries - last updated April 27, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mt/title-3-judiciary-courts/mt-code-ann-sect-3-10-1005/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.