(1) The following are authorized gambling activities:
(a) a fishing derby in which two or more persons pay valuable consideration for an
opportunity to win a prize for the species, size, weight, or otherwise specified fish
caught in a fishing event; and
(b) wagering on the outcome of a natural occurrence in which two or more persons pay
valuable consideration for an opportunity to win a prize by most accurately predicting
the date or time of an event resulting from a climatological or meteorological activity.
(2) Except as provided in subsection (3), all consideration paid to participate in
a gambling activity authorized in subsection (1) must be paid to the winners.
(3) A nonprofit organization sponsoring a gambling activity authorized in subsection
(1) may retain up to 50% of the total amount paid to participate.
(4) This section does not apply to a gambling activity conducted under chapter 4 or
chapter 5, part 2 or 3, of this title.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.