Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The department shall do those things necessary to comply with the provisions of the Land and Water Conservation Fund Act of 1965. Among other things, the department may:
(1) prepare a comprehensive statewide outdoor recreational plan that must contain an evaluation of the demand for and supply of outdoor recreational resources and facilities in Montana and a program for implementation of the plan;
(2) accept and administer money paid by the secretary of the interior for approved projects;
(3) contract with other state agencies, cities, counties, and other political subdivisions of the state, private organizations, and agencies of the federal government;
(4) acquire, other than by eminent domain, and develop outdoor recreational areas and facilities as well as land and waters and interests in land and waters for such areas and facilities;
(5) for the purpose of implementing the Land and Water Conservation Fund Act of 1965, coordinate its activities with and represent the interests of all agencies of state, city, county, and other governmental units with outdoor recreational responsibilities.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Montana Title 23. Parks, Recreation, Sports, and Gambling § 23-2-103. Compliance with federal act authorized--powers of department - last updated April 27, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mt/title-23-parks-recreation-sports-and-gambling/mt-code-ann-sect-23-2-103/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.