Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) There is a historic preservation grant program established within the department of commerce. A person, association, or representative of a governing unit seeking a historic preservation grant under this section must submit a grant proposal to the department by March 1 of the year preceding the convening of a regular legislative session.
(2) The department shall review all proposals for historic preservation grants in consultation with the tourism advisory council and the state historical preservation office before they are submitted to the legislature.
(3) Consistent with the rules adopted in accordance with 22-3-1306, the department shall make recommendations to the legislature on each proposal submitted to the department.
(4) The department's recommendations to the legislature are advisory.
(5) The department shall present its recommendations to the appropriations committee of the legislature by the 15th day of a regular legislative session.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Montana Title 22. Libraries, Arts, and Antiquities § 22-3-1305. Historic preservation grant program--proposals--recommendations - last updated April 27, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mt/title-22-libraries-arts-and-antiquities/mt-code-ann-sect-22-3-1305/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.