Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Delivery of a certificated security to a purchaser occurs when:
(1) The purchaser acquires possession of the security certificate;
(2) Another person, other than a securities intermediary, either acquires possession of the security certificate on behalf of the purchaser or, having previously acquired possession of the certificate, acknowledges that it holds for the purchaser; or
(3) A securities intermediary acting on behalf of the purchaser acquires possession of the security certificate, only if the certificate is in registered form and is (i) registered in the name of the purchaser, (ii) payable to the order of the purchaser, or (iii) specially endorsed to the purchaser by an effective endorsement and has not been endorsed to the securities intermediary or in blank.
(b) Delivery of an uncertificated security to a purchaser occurs when:
(1) The issuer registers the purchaser as the registered owner, upon original issue or registration of transfer; or
(2) Another person, other than a securities intermediary, either becomes the registered owner of the uncertificated security on behalf of the purchaser or, having previously become the registered owner, acknowledges that it holds for the purchaser.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Mississippi Code Title 75. Regulation of Trade, Commerce and Investments § 75-8-301. Delivery - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ms/title-75-regulation-of-trade-commerce-and-investments/ms-code-sect-75-8-301/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.