Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) Whenever bonds are issued, they shall be sold by the seller at a competitive or negotiated sale, from time to time, in such manner and at such price as may be determined by the seller to be most advantageous.
(2) When bonds are issued from time to time, the bonds of each issue shall constitute a separate series to be designated by the seller or may be combined for sale as one (1) series with other general obligation bonds of the State of Mississippi.
(3) Until permanent bonds can be prepared, the seller may in its discretion issue, in lieu of permanent bonds, temporary bonds in such form and with such privileges as to registration and exchange for permanent bonds as may be determined by the seller.
(4) Pending their application to the purposes authorized, bond proceeds held or deposited by the State Treasurer may be invested or reinvested as are other funds in the custody of the State Treasurer in the manner provided by law. All earnings received from the investment or deposit of such funds shall be paid into the State Treasury to the credit of the Mississippi Business Investment Sinking Fund.
(5) The State Treasurer shall prepare the necessary registry book to be kept in the office of the duly authorized loan and transfer agent of the state for the registration of any bonds, at the request of owners thereof, according to the terms and conditions of issue directed by the seller.
(6) All costs and expenses in connection with the issue of and sale and registration of the bonds and notes in connection with this chapter may be paid from the proceeds of bonds and notes issued under this chapter.
(7) The seller may provide in the resolution authorizing the issuance of such bonds the employment of one or more persons or firms to assist in the sale of the bonds; to enter into contracts for banks or trust companies located either within or without the State of Mississippi to act as registrars, paying agents, transfer agents or otherwise, for rating of the bonds, and to purchase insurance.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Mississippi Code Title 57. Planning, Research and Development § 57-61-27. Issuance and sale of bonds - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ms/title-57-planning-research-and-development/ms-code-sect-57-61-27/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.