(1) The county election commissioners shall indicate on the ballot which of the persons
whose names appear thereon are candidates for a full term, and which of such persons,
if any, are candidates for an unexpired term or terms.
(2) The qualified electors of each school district operating under Section 37-7-215 shall vote on the date specified in that section and at the special trustee election
(3) A person elected shall assume the duties of his office for the full term on the
first day of January if the election is for the full term. A person elected to an unexpired term shall assume office immediately.
(4) The county election commissioners shall forthwith certify the results of the election
to the superintendent of the municipal separate or special municipal separate school
district, as the case may be, which certificate shall be delivered to such superintendent
within five (5) days following the first election.
(5) If a person does not receive a majority of the votes cast at the election, a runoff
shall be held between the two (2) persons receiving the highest number of votes at
the first election.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.