Mississippi Code Title 27. Taxation and Finance § 27-3-53. Forms for obtaining information

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

The Department of Revenue shall prepare and furnish forms for obtaining the information hereinafter provided for, whenever they may deem it necessary

(a) Amount of fire insurance carried on all buildings and on personal property of every description.

(b) All individuals, firms, partnerships and corporations engaged wholly or in part in mercantile, manufacturing or any other business, (except banks and insurance companies) occupation or calling, shall, on demand by the Department of Revenue in writing, furnish a sworn statement of their taxable property, as of January first of each year;  and of their assets and liabilities on that date.  Any person or concern failing or refusing to furnish the information required within thirty (30) days after written notice so to do from the Department of Revenue shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, and on conviction shall be punished as for a misdemeanor.  The information herein provided for shall be confidential, and shall not be given anyone by the Department of Revenue, except to county and municipal tax assessors.  And for the illegal disclosure of any information provided for under this section, the injured party shall have a right of action against the Commissioner of Revenue or the assessor, on their or his official bond, for any actual damages sustained.

Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Mississippi Code Title 27. Taxation and Finance § 27-3-53. Forms for obtaining information - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ms/title-27-taxation-and-finance/ms-code-sect-27-3-53/

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard