Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
As used in sections 589.300 to 589.310, the following terms mean:
(1) “Center”, the Missouri crime prevention information center;
(2) “Department”, the department of public safety;
(3) “Director”, the director of the department of public safety;
(4) “Local government”, any city, county or village;
(5) “Local government/school district partnership” or “partnership”, a partnership between one or more local governments and one or more school districts or any accredited private school to apply for and implement a crime prevention program aimed at preventing crime by children and young adults under the age of twenty-one;
(6) “School district”, any district as defined in subdivision (1) of section 160.011 or any accredited private school.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title XXXVIII. Crimes and Punishment; Peace Officers and Public Defenders § 589.300. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-xxxviii-crimes-and-punishment-peace-officers-and-public-defenders/mo-rev-st-589-300/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.