1. A person commits the offense of distribution of a controlled substance in a protected location if he or she knowingly distributes, sells, or delivers any controlled substance, except thirty-five grams or less of marijuana or synthetic cannabinoid, to a person with knowledge that that distribution, delivery or sale is:
(1) In, on, or within two thousand feet of, the real property comprising a public or private elementary, vocational, or secondary school, or on any school bus; or
(2) In, on, or within one thousand feet of, the real property comprising a public park, state park, county park, municipal park, or private park designed for public recreational purposes, as park is defined in section 253.010 ; or
(3) In or on the real property comprising public housing or other governmental assisted housing.
2. The offense of unlawful distribution of a controlled substance in a protected location is a class A felony.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.