1. Any suit under the provisions of sections 506.200 to 506.320 1 shall be filed in the county in which the cause of action accrues or in the county
where the plaintiff resides, and if there be other defendants in such action who are
residents of the state of Missouri, then such action shall be brought in any county
in which any one of said defendants resides, or in the county within which the plaintiff
resides and the defendant may be found.
2. Any civil suit under the provisions of section 570.223 for a person charged with identity theft may be filed:
(1) In the county in which the offense is committed;
(2) If the offense is committed partly in one county and partly in another, or if
the elements of the offense occur in more than one county, then in any of the counties
where any element of the offense occurred;
(3) In the county in which the defendant resides;
(4) In the county in which the victim resides; or
(5) In the county in which the property obtained or attempted to be obtained was located.
Revisor's note: Section 506.320 was repealed by S.B. 869 in 1996.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.