Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. In addition to any other surcharges authorized by statute, the clerk of each court of this state shall collect the surcharges provided for in subsection 2 of this section.
2. A surcharge of thirty dollars shall be assessed as costs in each circuit court proceeding filed within this state in all criminal cases in which the defendant is found guilty of a felony, except when the defendant is found guilty of a class B felony, class A felony, or an unclassified felony, under chapter 195, in which case, the surcharge shall be sixty dollars. A surcharge of fifteen dollars shall be assessed as costs in each court proceeding filed within this state in all other criminal cases, except for traffic violation cases in which the defendant is found guilty of a misdemeanor.
3. Notwithstanding any other provisions of law, the moneys collected by clerks of the courts pursuant to the provisions of subsection 1 of this section shall be collected and disbursed in accordance with sections 488.010 to 488.020, and shall be payable to the state treasurer.
4. The state treasurer shall deposit such moneys or other gifts, grants, or moneys received on a monthly basis into the “DNA Profiling Analysis Fund”, which is hereby created in the state treasury. The fund shall be administered by the department of public safety. The moneys deposited into the DNA profiling analysis fund shall be used only by the highway patrol crime lab to fulfill the purposes of the DNA profiling system pursuant to section 650.052. Notwithstanding the provisions of section 33.080 to the contrary, any moneys remaining in the fund at the end of the biennium shall not revert to the credit of the general revenue fund.
5. The provisions of subsections 1 and 2 of this section shall expire on August 28, 2019.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title XXXII. Courts § 488.5050. Surcharges on all criminal cases, amount--deposit in DNA profiling analysis fund--expiration date - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-xxxii-courts/mo-rev-st-488-5050/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.