Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. There is hereby created in the circuit court of the following judicial circuits of the state, a division or divisions to be designated as provided in sections 487.010 to 487.190, which shall be the family court:
(1) Circuit number seven, consisting of the county of Clay;
(2) Circuit number thirteen, consisting of Callaway and Boone;
(3) Circuit number sixteen, consisting of the county of Jackson;
(4) Circuit number twenty-one, consisting of the county of St. Louis;
(5) Circuit number twenty-two, consisting of the city of St. Louis;
(6) Circuit number thirty-one, consisting of the county of Greene; and
(7) Any other circuit which chooses, by local court rule, to have a family court as provided in sections 487.010 to 487.190.
2. The majority of the circuit judges and associate circuit judges en banc, in the circuit, may designate, by local court rule, a family court in a county in the circuit as provided in sections 487.010 to 487.190.
3. The presiding judge of each circuit where the circuit or a county in the circuit has a family court shall designate the division or divisions of the circuit court that shall be the family court. In those circuits with split venue, a division shall be designated in each venue.
4. In each circuit having more than one division designated as the family court, the presiding judge shall designate from the divisions so designated an administrative judge of the family court.
5. In any circuit with a county with split venue, there shall be at least one circuit judge assigned to the family court for each block of one hundred sixty thousand persons, or portion of such block, based upon the latest decennial national census.
6. Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter to the contrary, the judges of the court en banc may remove a judge from his duties as a family court judge and may assign a new judge to sit as the family court judge.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title XXXII. Courts § 487.010. Family courts established, certain circuits--designation of family courts, certain circuits--designation of division--administrative judge--split venue, assignments--removal of judge - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-xxxii-courts/mo-rev-st-487-010/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.