Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. As used in sections 404.800 to 404.865, the following terms mean:
(1) “Certification”, a written instrument or a written entry in a medical record;
(2) “Incapacitated”, a person who is unable by reason of any physical or mental condition to receive and evaluate information or to communicate decisions to such an extent that he lacks capacity to meet essential requirements for food, clothing, shelter, safety or other care such that serious physical injury, illness or disease is likely to occur;
(3) “Patient”, the principal of a durable power of attorney for health care under sections 404.800 to 404.865.
2. The definitions of section 404.703 shall apply to sections 404.800 to 404.865 except as modified by this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title XXVI. Trade and Commerce § 404.805. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-xxvi-trade-and-commerce/mo-rev-st-404-805/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.