1. (1) A TNC shall not deny or manipulate access to its digital network or engage
in any deceptive, manipulative, or coordinated practice to evade a law enforcement
entity, including by cancelling a ride request by a rider or prospective rider relating
to association with a law enforcement entity.
(2) A first violation of this subsection shall be punishable by a fine of fifty thousand
dollars. A second violation of this subsection shall be punishable by a fine of one hundred
fifty thousand dollars. A third or subsequent violation of this subsection shall be punishable by a fine
of three hundred thousand dollars.
2. A TNC shall not produce or operate, or allow to be produced or operated, any digital
network or similar technology that falsely displays the number of TNC vehicles available
to provide prearranged rides for the purpose of misleading riders or potential riders
about the number of TNC vehicles available to provide such rides.
3. A TNC shall not use geographic location or geolocation data of a rider or prospective
rider for the purpose of excluding certain areas on the basis of the income, racial,
or ethnic composition of such area.
4. A violation of this section shall be punishable by a one-month suspension of the
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.