1. No captive insurance company shall be issued a license unless it shall possess
and thereafter maintain unimpaired paid-in capital and surplus of:
(1) In the case of a pure captive insurance company, not less than two hundred fifty
(2) In the case of an association captive insurance company, not less than five hundred
(3) In the case of an industrial insured captive insurance company, not less than
five hundred thousand dollars; and
(4) In the case of a sponsored captive insurance company, not less than five hundred
2. The director may prescribe additional capital and surplus based upon the type,
volume, and nature of insurance business transacted.
3. Capital and surplus may be in the form of cash or an irrevocable letter of credit
issued by a bank chartered by the state of Missouri or a member bank of the Federal
Reserve System, and approved by the director.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.