1. Notwithstanding any law or court decision to the contrary, all credit unions shall
have the right to continue to include in their field of membership all persons, groups
and geographic areas that were included or were applied for as of April 1, 1998.
2. Any geographic area credit union that was granted a field of membership expansion
after April 1, 1998, and before March 24, 2006, may include in its field of membership
the county, counties, or the city not within a county where branch offices are located
so long as the branch offices were open and in operation prior to April 15, 2007.
3. Any geographic area credit union that was granted a field of membership expansion
after April 1, 1998, that is consistent with the field of membership expansion provisions
of this chapter, shall be allowed to:
(1) Retain the expansion or expansions in its field of membership; and
(2) Serve the county, or the city not within a county, where the credit union main
office is located.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.