Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Before transacting business in this state, a foreign limited partnership shall register with the secretary of state. In order to register, a foreign limited partnership shall submit to the secretary of state an application for registration as a foreign limited partnership, signed by a general partner and setting forth:
(1) The name of the foreign limited partnership and, if different, the name under which it proposes to register and transact business in this state;
(2) The state and date of its formation;
(3) The name and address of its registered agent and registered office in this state which office and agent shall be subject to the same rights and limitations as provided in section 359.041;
(4) A statement that the secretary of state is appointed the agent of the foreign limited partnership for service of process if no agent has been appointed under subdivision (3) of this section or, if appointed, the agent's authority has been revoked or if the agent cannot be found or served with the exercise of reasonable diligence;
(5) The address of the office required to be maintained in the state of its organization by the laws of that state or, if not so required, of the principal office of the foreign limited partnership;
(6) The name and business address of each general partner;
(7) The address of the office at which is kept a list of the names and addresses of the limited partners and their capital contributions, together with an undertaking by the foreign limited partnership to keep those records until the foreign limited partnership's registration in this state is cancelled; and
(8) The application shall include a certificate of existence or document of similar import duly authenticated by the secretary of state or other official having custody of the records in the state or country whose laws it is registered, such document should be dated within sixty calendar days from filing for acceptance.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title XXIII. Corporations, Associations and Partnerships § 359.501. Registration with secretary of state--form--contents - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-xxiii-corporations-associations-and-partnerships/mo-rev-st-359-501/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.