A certificate of limited partnership shall be cancelled upon the dissolution and the
commencement of winding up of the partnership or at any other time there are no limited
partners. A certificate of cancellation shall be filed in the office of the secretary of state
and set forth:
(1) The name of the limited partnership;
(2) The date of filing of its certificate of limited partnership;
(3) The reason for filing the certificate of cancellation;
(4) The effective date as provided in subsection 2 of section 359.141 (which shall be a date certain) of cancellation if it is not to be effective upon
the filing of the certificate; and
(5) Any other information the general partners filing the certificate determine.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.