1. In proceedings to dissolve a cooperative, the court may require all creditors and
claimants of the cooperative to file their claims under oath with the court administrator
or with the receiver in a form prescribed by the court.
2. If the court requires the filing of claims, the court shall:
(1) Set a date, by order, at least one hundred twenty days after the date the order
is filed as the last day for the filing of claims; and
(2) Prescribe the notice of the fixed date that shall be given to creditors and claimants.
3. Before the fixed date, the court may extend the time for filing claims. Creditors and claimants failing to file claims on or before the fixed date may be
barred, by order of court, from claiming an interest in or receiving payment out of
the property or assets of the cooperative.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.