Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. Any firm, corporation or person may make application to the board for a license to own and operate a barber school or college on the form prescribed by the board. Every barber school or college in which the occupation of barbering is taught shall be required to obtain a license from the board prior to opening. The license shall be issued upon approval of the application by the board, the payment of the required fees, and the board's determination that the applicant meets all other requirements of this chapter and any rules promulgated thereunder. The license shall be kept posted in plain view within the barber school or college at all times.
2. A barber school or college license renewal application and fee shall be submitted on or before the renewal date of any school or college license issued under this section. If the barber school or college license renewal fee is not paid on or before the renewal date, a late fee shall be added to the regular license renewal fee.
3. The board shall promulgate rules and regulations regarding the course of study in a barber school or college, and may revoke any license issued hereunder for any violation of the provisions of this section or rule promulgated pursuant to this section. The board shall follow the procedure prescribed by chapter 621 to revoke a barber school license. Licenses shall not be restricted to any one group or person but shall be granted to any reasonably qualified person or group under a fair and nondiscriminating method of determination.
4. There shall be not less than one teacher or instructor for every fifteen students in any barber school or college holding a license under this section.
5. The barber school or college shall immediately file with the board the name and age of each student entering the school, and the board shall cause the same to be entered in a register kept for that purpose. A registration fee shall be paid by the student.
6. The barber school or college shall certify to the board the names of all students who successfully completed a course of study approved by the board and consisting of at least one thousand hours of study under the direct supervision of a licensed instructor in a period of not less than six months.
7. No rule or portion of a rule promulgated under the authority of this chapter shall become effective unless it has been promulgated pursuant to the provisions of section 536.024.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title XXII. Occupations and Professions § 328.120. Barber school licenses, fee--requirements for operation--rulemaking, generally, this chapter--procedure - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-xxii-occupations-and-professions/mo-rev-st-328-120/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.