Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. Except as provided for in sections 319.100 to 319.137, no person shall own or operate an underground storage tank unless a certificate of registration for its operation has been issued by the department. A certificate of registration shall be issued by the department when the applicant demonstrates compliance with the provisions of sections 319.100 to 319.137.
2. The department shall issue an initial certificate of registration for each underground storage tank the term for which shall not exceed five years. Certificate renewals shall be issued for a fixed term of five years.
3. Applications for certificates of registration and certificate renewals shall be made on forms prescribed and made available by the department.
4. Within one hundred twenty days after August 28, 1989, the department shall provide owners with a copy of information submitted pursuant to the notification requirements of section 319.103, and shall specify any additional information required to comply with section 319.103.
5. Owners may apply for certificates of registration either through the submission of information required by the department in accordance with subsection 4 of this section, or through submission of information submitted pursuant to section 319.103. Until the department issues or denies a certificate of registration, owners who have applied for a certificate in accordance with the requirements of this section may operate the tank for which the application for certification has been made, provided that the owner and the operation of the tank are in compliance with sections 319.100 to 319.137.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title XXI. Public Safety and Morals § 319.120. Certificate of registration required--issued when--term of certificate--application, forms--owner may operate prior to certification until issue or denial - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-xxi-public-safety-and-morals/mo-rev-st-319-120/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.