Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. In accordance with the adopted standards which are consistent with the accepted public health practices and recommendations of the United States Centers for Disease Control, the state of Missouri shall offer the hepatitis B immunization to every employee of the state of Missouri who is determined to be at risk for contracting hepatitis B, as defined by the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration blood borne pathogens standard.
2. The department of health and senior services, in conjunction with the division of personnel in the office of administration, shall provide materials to allow each department of the state to determine if any state employees of the department are at risk for occupational exposure to hepatitis B.
3. Every department of the state shall determine which, if any, state employees of the department are at-risk employees for occupational exposure to hepatitis B. After such determination, every department shall provide the department of health and senior services with the number of employees, if any, who are determined to be at risk. The department of health and senior services shall provide materials for such at-risk employees regarding occupational exposure to hepatitis B to be distributed by any department reporting an at-risk employee.
4. Every department shall distribute the materials regarding occupational exposure to hepatitis B provided by the department of health and senior services to all identified at-risk department employees. Every department shall determine the number of at-risk employees requesting the hepatitis B vaccination.
5. Every department shall provide the hepatitis B vaccine to every identified at-risk employee requesting the hepatitis B vaccination and shall determine the procedure for administering the hepatitis B vaccine to such employees.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title XVIII. Labor and Industrial Relations § 292.650. Hepatitis B immunization, state employees - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-xviii-labor-and-industrial-relations/mo-rev-st-292-650/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.