Missouri Revised Statutes Title XVI. Conservation, Resources and Development § 260.470. Recording of sites, placed on or removed from registry--removal procedure
Search Missouri Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
1. When the director places a site on the registry as provided in section 260.440, and after the resolution of any appeal under section 260.455, he shall file with the county recorder of deeds the period during which the site was used as a hazardous waste disposal area. When the director finds that a site on the registry has been properly closed under subdivision (5) of subsection 3 of section 260.445 with no evidence of potential adverse impact, he shall file this finding with the county recorder of deeds. The county recorder of deeds shall file this information so that any purchaser will be given notice that the site has been placed on, or removed from, the registry.
2. Any owner of a registry site may petition the department to remove the site from the registry provided that:
(1) Corrective actions have addressed the contamination at the site in accordance with a department-approved risk-based corrective action plan;
(2) The department has issued a letter indicating that no further actions are required to address current risk from contaminants for the site; and
3. The department shall approve such a request unless the department determines that removal from the registry would result in significant current or future risk of harm to human health, public welfare, or the environment. In making such a determination, the department shall provide a written justification that considers the amount, toxicity, and persistence of any contaminants left in place and the stability of current site conditions. Any denial under this subsection may be appealed to the commission in the manner provided in section 260.460.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title XVI. Conservation, Resources and Development § 260.470. Recording of sites, placed on or removed from registry--removal procedure - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-xvi-conservation-resources-and-development/mo-rev-st-260-470/
Was this helpful?