Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. There is hereby established an “Office of Advocacy and Assistance for Senior Citizens” within the office of lieutenant governor.
2. The senior citizen advocate shall coordinate activities with the long-term care ombudsman program, as defined in section 192.2300, on complaints made by or on behalf of senior citizens residing in long-term care facilities.
3. The senior citizen advocate shall conduct a suitable investigation into any actions complained of unless the senior citizen advocate finds that the complaint pertains to a matter outside the scope of the authority of the senior citizen advocate, the complainant has no substantive or procedural interest which is directly affected by the matter complained about, or the complaint is trivial, frivolous, vexatious or not made in good faith.
4. After completing his or her investigation of a complaint, the senior citizen advocate shall inform the complainant, the agency, official or employee of action recommended by the senior citizen advocate. The senior citizen advocate shall make such reports and recommendations to the affected agencies, the governor and the general assembly as the advocate deems necessary to further the purposes of sections 660.620 and 660.625.
5. The senior citizen advocate shall, in conjunction with the department of health and senior services, act as a clearinghouse for information pertaining to and of interest to senior citizens and shall disseminate such information as is necessary to inform senior citizens of their rights and of governmental and nongovernmental services available to them.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title XL. Additional Executive Departments § 660.620. Office of advocacy and assistance for senior citizens established in office of lieutenant governor, duties and procedure - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-xl-additional-executive-departments/mo-rev-st-660-620/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.