Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The board of commissioners shall have the following powers and responsibilities:
(1) To supervise and administer, within the acquisition and purchasing procedures of the county, the building, acquisitions by purchase or otherwise, construction and operation of an emergency communications system for the county in which the commission is located;
(2) To administratively control and manage the emergency communications system;
(3) To negotiate and recommend to the governing body that the county contract with such companies or other business or governmental entities, which in the opinion of the board of commissioners are necessary to provide equipment, material and professional services to establish, construct and maintain an emergency communications system and conduct the business of the commission;
(4) To promulgate an annual report of the financial condition and operation of the commission and the emergency communications system;
(5) To recommend to the governing body that the county purchase or acquire by gift such real estate and equipment and materials necessary to accomplish the purposes of the commission and the emergency communications system; and
(6) To adopt such bylaws, rules and regulations as in the opinion of the board of commissioners shall best serve the purpose of the commission.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title XL. Additional Executive Departments § 650.405. Powers and responsibilities of board - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-xl-additional-executive-departments/mo-rev-st-650-405/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.