Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. The attorney general shall in a timely manner inform victims of a sexually violent offense committed by a person:
(1) That a written notice has been given by the agency with jurisdiction to the attorney general and the multidisciplinary team pursuant to subsection 1 of section 632.483;
(2) Of the decision of the prosecutor's review committee in determining whether or not the person may be a sexually violent predator;
(3) That a petition has been filed with the circuit court pursuant to section 632.484 or 632.486;
(4) Of the outcome of a trial held pursuant to the provisions of section 632.492;
(5) Of the filing of any petition or pending proceedings held pursuant to the provisions of sections 632.498 to 632.505;
(6) Of the escape of any person committed under sections 632.480 to 632.513.
2. Such victims shall have the right to be present at any proceeding held pursuant to the provisions of sections 632.480 to 632.513. Failure to notify shall not be a reason for postponement of release. Nothing in this section shall create a cause of action against the state or an employee of the state acting within the scope of the employee's employment as a result of the failure to notify pursuant to this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title XL. Additional Executive Departments § 632.507. Attorney general to inform victims--notification of proceedings - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-xl-additional-executive-departments/mo-rev-st-632-507/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.