Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. If requested to do so by the head of a mental health program, the sheriff of the county where a patient absent without authorization is found shall apprehend and return him to the program.
2. The head of the program may request the return of an absent patient under subsection 1 of this section only under one or more of the following circumstances:
(1) The patient is a minor whose admission was applied for by his parent or legal custodian, who has not requested the minor patient's release;
(2) The patient is a minor under jurisdiction of the juvenile court;
(3) The patient has been declared legally incapacitated and his guardian has not requested his release;
(4) The patient was committed to the department under chapter 552 or this chapter;
(5) The patient's condition is of such a nature that, for the protection of the patient or others, the head of the program determines that the patient's return to the program is necessary as noted in the patient's records, in which case civil detention procedures shall be initiated upon return to the program.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title XL. Additional Executive Departments § 632.455. Patient, absent without permission, return may be requested, when - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-xl-additional-executive-departments/mo-rev-st-632-455/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.