Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. The “Division of Comprehensive Psychiatric Services” is hereby created within the department of mental health. The division shall have the responsibility of insuring that division prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation services are accessible, wherever possible. The division shall have and exercise supervision of division residential facilities, day programs and other specialized services operated by the department and oversight over facilities, programs and services funded or licensed by the department.
2. The powers, functions and duties of the division shall include the following:
(1) Provision of funds for the planning and implementation of accessible programs to prevent and alleviate mental disorders and mental illness;
(2) Review of comprehensive psychiatric service plans submitted to receive state and federal funds allocated by the department;
(3) Provision of technical assistance and training to community-based programs to assist in planning and implementing quality services;
(4) Assurance of program quality in compliance with such appropriate standards as may be established by the department;
(5) Sponsorship and encouragement of research into the causes, effects, prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of mental disorders and mental illness;
(6) Provision of public information relating to mental disorders and mental illness;
(7) Cooperation with nonstate governmental agencies and the private sector in establishing, conducting, integrating and coordinating facilities, programs, projects and services for persons affected by mental disorders or mental illness;
(8) Participation in developing and implementing a statewide plan to prevent and alleviate mental disorders and mental illness and to overcome the barriers to the treatment and rehabilitation of persons chronically affected by mental disorders or mental illness;
(9) Encouragement of coordination of division services with other divisions of the department and other state agencies, where appropriate;
(10) Encouragement of the utilization, support, assistance and dedication of volunteers to participate in the treatment and rehabilitation of persons affected by mental disorders or mental illness or to persuade such persons to voluntarily seek appropriate services to alleviate their disorders or illness;
(11) Evaluation, or the requirement of the evaluation, including the collection of appropriate and necessary information, of division programs to determine their cost-and-benefit effectiveness;
(12) Participation in developing standards for residential facilities, day programs and specialized services operated, funded or licensed by the department for persons affected by mental disorders or mental illness.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title XL. Additional Executive Departments § 632.010. Responsibilities, powers, functions and duties of division - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-xl-additional-executive-departments/mo-rev-st-632-010/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.