Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Any person ordered by any court to register pursuant to the act, who is not required to register pursuant toSection 290, shall so register, if the court finds at the time of conviction or sentencing that the person committed the offense as a result of sexual compulsion or for purposes of sexual gratification. The court shall state on the record the reasons for its findings and the reasons for requiring registration.
(b) The person shall register as a tier one offender in accordance with paragraph (1) of subdivision (d) of Section 290, unless the court finds the person should register as a tier two or tier three offender and states on the record the reasons for its finding.
(c) In determining whether to require the person to register as a tier two or tier three offender, the court shall consider all of the following:
(1) The nature of the registerable offense.
(2) The age and number of victims, and whether any victim was personally unknown to the person at the time of the offense. A victim is personally unknown to the person for purposes of this paragraph if the victim was known to the offender for less than 24 hours.
(3) The criminal and relevant noncriminal behavior of the person before and after conviction for the registerable offense.
(4) Whether the person has previously been arrested for, or convicted of, a sexually motivated offense.
(5) The person's current risk of sexual or violent reoffense, including the person's risk level on the SARATSO static risk assessment instrument, and, if available from past supervision for a sexual offense, the person's risk level on the SARATSO dynamic and violence risk assessment instruments.
(d) This section shall become operative on January 1, 2021.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title XIX. Motor Vehicles, Watercraft and Aviation § 307.010. Loads which might become dislodged to be secured--failure, penalty - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-xix-motor-vehicles-watercraft-and-aviation/mo-rev-st-307-010/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.