Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The authority, if it desires to issue bonds pursuant to section 305.315, shall adopt a resolution describing in a general way the airport or airports and the related facility or facilities to be acquired, established, constructed, reconstructed, expanded, or improved and refer to the plans and specifications therefor prepared for that purpose, or if refunding bonds, describing the bonds or other obligations to be refunded, or both. Any such resolution shall set out the estimated cost therefor, or in the case of refunding bonds, the amount of the bonds to be refunded, and shall fix the maximum amount of revenue bonds proposed to be issued therefor. This amount shall not exceed the estimated cost thereof, including engineering, legal, and other expenses together with interest cost to a date six months subsequent to the estimated date of completion, or, in the case of refunding bonds, the principal amount of the bonds to be refunded and legal and other expenses, and such other sums as in the discretion of the authority may be desirable to create a reserve fund sufficient to pay the maximum amount of principal and interest estimated to fall due on the bonds in any future twelve-month period. Such resolution may contain such covenants, which shall be part of the contract between the authority and the holder of the bonds and the trustee, if any, for such bondholders having such rights and duties as may be provided therein for the enforcement and protection of such covenants, as may be deemed necessary or advisable as to:
(1) The issuance of additional bonds that may thereafter be issued payable from the income and revenues derived from the operation of any such airport or airports, and related facility or facilities, and for the payment of the principal and interest upon such bonds;
(2) The regulations as to the use of any such airport or airports, and related facility or facilities, to assure the maximum use or occupancy thereof;
(3) The kind and amount of insurance to be carried, including use and occupancy insurance, the cost of which shall be payable only from the income and revenues derived from such airport or airports, and related facility or facilities;
(4) The operation, maintenance, management, accounting and auditing, employment of airport engineers and consultants and the keeping of records, reports and audits of any such airport or airports, and related facility or facilities;
(5) The obligation of the authority to maintain the airport or airports, and related facility or facilities, in good condition and to operate the same in an economical and efficient manner;
(6) Provide for setting aside of sinking funds, reserve funds, depreciation funds and such other special funds as may be found needful and the regulation and disposition thereof;
(7) Provide for the setting aside of a sinking fund, into which shall be payable from the income and revenues of such airport or airports, and related facility or facilities, from month to month, as such income and revenues are collected, such sums as will be sufficient to pay the accruing interest and retire the bonds at maturity;
(8) Fix and collect rents, rates of toll and other charges for the use of such airport or airports, and related facility or facilities, sufficient, together with other available money, to produce income and revenues adequate to pay the bonds at maturity and accruing interest and reserves therefor and sufficient to pay cost of maintenance, operation and depreciation thereof in such order of priority as shall be provided by the resolution authorizing the bonds;
(9) Fix procedures by which the terms of any contract with the holders of the bonds may be amended, the amount of bonds involved, the holders of which must consent;
(10) Provide the procedure for refunding such bonds;
(11) Provide whether and to what extent and upon what terms and conditions, if any, the holder of bonds or coupons issued under such resolution or the trustee, if any, therefor may, either in law or in equity, by suit, action, mandamus or other proceeding, enforce or compel the performance of all duties required by this section and section 305.315, including the fixing, maintaining and collecting of such rents, rates or other charges for the use of such airport or airports, and related facility or facilities, or for any service rendered by the authority in the operation thereof as will be sufficient, together with other available money, to pay the principal or interest upon those revenue bonds as the same become due and reserves therefor and sufficient to pay the cost of maintenance, operation and depreciation of the airport or airports, and related facility or facilities, in the order of priority as provided in the resolution authorizing the bonds, and the application of the income and revenues thereof;
(12) Such other covenants as may be deemed necessary or desirable to assure a successful and profitable operation of the airport or airports, and related facility or facilities, and prompt payment of the principal and interest upon the bonds so authorized.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title XIX. Motor Vehicles, Watercraft and Aviation § 305.317. Bond issues, procedure to authorize--limitations--resolution contents--duties - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-xix-motor-vehicles-watercraft-and-aviation/mo-rev-st-305-317/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.