Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. Nothing in sections 301.010 to 301.440 shall be construed to prohibit the owner of a duly registered motor vehicle from removing the motor or engine from such vehicle and replacing it with a new or reconditioned motor or engine of the same make or manufacture.
2. The owner and the person removing and replacing such motor or engine shall join in an affidavit showing the number of the motor or engine removed, the date of removal, the reason for removal, and a description of the motor or engine replaced in the vehicle.
3. If the motor to be installed is a reconditioned motor, it shall bear the same number as the motor removed but shall be preceded by the symbol “RC”. If the motor installed is a new motor, it shall bear a special number to be secured as provided in section 301.380.
4. The affidavit, together with the original certificate of title, shall be sent to the director of revenue at Jefferson City, Missouri, with a fee of one dollar for registering such change of motor or engine. The director of revenue shall file the affidavit and certificate in his office and shall issue and deliver a new certificate of title to the owner.
5. The owner of a motor vehicle that is identified on the appropriate Missouri certificate of ownership by a manufacturer's number other than the engine or motor number shall be exempt from the provisions of subsections 2, 3 and 4.
6. The director of revenue may adopt and enforce the rules and regulations, compatible with this chapter, that he deems necessary to properly administer this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title XIX. Motor Vehicles, Watercraft and Aviation § 301.370. Replacement of motor--procedure - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-xix-motor-vehicles-watercraft-and-aviation/mo-rev-st-301-370/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.