Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. Any woman who currently serves in any branch of the United States Armed Forces or who was honorably discharged from such service may apply for special personalized motor vehicle license plates for any vehicle she owns, either solely or jointly, other than an apportioned motor vehicle or a commercial motor vehicle licensed in excess of eighteen thousand pounds gross weight.
2. Any such woman shall apply for the special personalized license plates on a form provided by the director of revenue and furnish such proof of military service as the director may require.
3. Upon presentation of such proof of military service, payment of a fee of fifteen dollars in addition to the regular registration fees, and presentation of any documents which may be required by law the director of revenue shall issue to the vehicle owner special personalized license plates which shall bear the words “WOMAN VETERAN” at the bottom of the plates in a manner prescribed by the director of revenue. Such license plates shall be made with fully reflective material with a common color scheme and design, shall be clearly visible at night, and shall be aesthetically attractive, as prescribed by section 301.130.
4. Notwithstanding the provisions of section 301.144, no additional fee shall be charged for the personalization of license plates issued under this section.
5. There shall be no limit on the number of license plates any person qualified under this section may obtain so long as each set of license plates issued under this section is issued for a vehicle owned solely or jointly by such person.
6. License plates issued under the provisions of this section shall not be transferable to any other person except any registered co-owner of the motor vehicle shall be entitled to operate the motor vehicle with such plates for the duration of the year licensed in the event of the death of the qualified person.
7. The director shall consult with the Missouri Veterans Commission when determining or designing the image which shall be placed on the plates authorized under this section.
8. The director shall make all necessary rules and regulations for the administration of this section and shall design all necessary forms required by this section. Any rule or portion of a rule, as that term is defined in section 536.010, that is created under the authority delegated in this section shall become effective only if it complies with and is subject to all of the provisions of chapter 536 and, if applicable, section 536.028. This section and chapter 536 are nonseverable and if any of the powers vested with the general assembly under chapter 536 to review, to delay the effective date, or to disapprove and annul a rule are subsequently held unconstitutional, then the grant of rulemaking authority and any rule proposed or adopted after August 28, 2014, shall be invalid and void.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title XIX. Motor Vehicles, Watercraft and Aviation § 301.3172. Women veterans--special personalized license plates - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-xix-motor-vehicles-watercraft-and-aviation/mo-rev-st-301-3172/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.