Missouri Revised Statutes Title XIV. Roads and Waterways § 233.335. Commissioners of special road district shall organize--when--how
Search Missouri Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
1. The special road district commissioners so appointed and qualified shall meet at such a time and place within such district as may be fixed by the county commission at the time of appointing them, or as they may in writing agree upon, and shall organize by electing one of their number president, another vice president and another secretary; provided, that by a unanimous vote of said special road district commissioners any person not a member of said board may be chosen secretary. Meetings of said special road district commissioners shall be held thereafter at such time and place as they may agree upon in writing, or the president or vice president may order.
2. The treasurer of said board shall be appointed by the special road district commissioners and before he shall enter upon the duties of his office he shall give bond in double the amount of all moneys likely to come into his hands by virtue of his office. Said bond shall be payable to the special road district, approved by the special road district commissioners, and filed with the secretary of the special road district commission, and he shall be responsible on his bond for the faithful keeping of all moneys deposited with him by reason of sections 233.320 to 233.445.
3. The president of the board shall preside at all meetings thereof; he shall sign the minutes and records of the board, and all warrants that may be drawn upon the treasury for the payment of any money out of the treasury on account of the funds belonging to said district, and exercise a general supervising control over the work of such commissioners and in a general way may do all acts and things that the said board may empower him to do; and such others as may be authorized by law. During absence of the president from the county, or from any meeting of the board, the vice president shall perform the duties herein conferred upon the president.
4. The secretary shall carefully keep a true record of all warrants drawn on the treasurer, and all written contracts that may be entered into on behalf of the district, shall attest such warrants and the execution of such contracts, keep minutes of meetings of the board, and perform such other duties as the law may require.
5. All money paid to the treasurer of the special road district shall be placed to the credit of the district and shall be paid out only on warrants signed by the president or vice president and attested by the secretary, except as may be otherwise authorized by law.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title XIV. Roads and Waterways § 233.335. Commissioners of special road district shall organize--when--how - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-xiv-roads-and-waterways/mo-rev-st-233-335/
Was this helpful?