Missouri Revised Statutes Title XII. Public Health and Welfare § 198.012. Provisions of sections 198.003 to 198.136 not to apply, when--exempt entities may be licensed
Search Missouri Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) Any hospital, facility or other entity operated by the state or the United States;
(2) Any facility or other entity otherwise licensed by the state and operating exclusively under such license and within the limits of such license, unless the activities and services are or are held out as being activities or services normally provided by a licensed facility under sections 198.003 to 198.186, 198.200, 208.030, and 208.159, except hospitals licensed under the provisions of chapter 197;
(3) Any hospital licensed under the provisions of chapter 197, provided that the assisted living facility, intermediate care facility or skilled nursing facility are physically attached to the acute care hospital; and provided further that the department of health and senior services in promulgating rules, regulations and standards pursuant to section 197.080, with respect to such facilities, shall establish requirements and standards for such hospitals consistent with the intent of this chapter, and sections 198.067, 198.070, 198.090, 198.093 and 198.139 to 198.180 shall apply to every assisted living facility, intermediate care facility or skilled nursing facility regardless of physical proximity to any other health care facility;
(4) Any facility licensed pursuant to sections 630.705 to 630.760 which provides care, treatment, habilitation and rehabilitation exclusively to persons who have a primary diagnosis of mental disorder, mental illness, or developmental disabilities, as defined in section 630.005;
(5) Any provider of care under a life care contract, except to any portion of the provider's premises on which the provider offers services provided by an intermediate care facility or skilled nursing facility as defined in section 198.006. For the purposes of this section, “provider of care under a life care contract” means any person contracting with any individual to furnish specified care and treatment to the individual for the life of the individual, with significant prepayment for such care and treatment.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Missouri Revised Statutes Title XII. Public Health and Welfare § 198.012. Provisions of sections 198.003 to 198.136 not to apply, when--exempt entities may be licensed - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/mo/title-xii-public-health-and-welfare/mo-rev-st-198-012/
Was this helpful?